The Power of Prayer Agreement
Jesus calls us to gather and agree with our Father and each other in prayer – and when we do, Jesus is in the midst of us to fulfil our prayer on earth! We can gather to pray in agreement in our local areas and online globally!
Matthew 18:18-20 "Truly, I say to you, whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven. Again I say to you, if two of you agree on earth about anything they ask, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven. For where two or three are gathered in my name, there am I among them."
Pray for the Nations is an online House of Prayer for All Nations in which you can gather and pray in agreement with others for your neighbourhood, region and nation - and for the nations of Earth.
Ongoing 24/7 Prayer Calendar & Map
PIPES: Partners in Prayer & Evangelism calls the followers of Jesus to partner with Him and each other in prayer & evangelism. The 40 Day Prayer Relay is our annual 24/7 prayer campaign - calling people to partner for 40 Days of prayer commitment and collaboration.
Our new website www.PrayfortheNations.com provides an ongoing 24/7 Calendar so people can join all year and find ongoing prayer gatherings in their neighbourhood, region and nation. Use the Suburb Search function under the Map to find a group you can join and local leaders you can invite to join regional collaborations.
When you register your prayer group - it will be visible in the 24/7 Calendar and as a flame on the Global Map.
- If your group is a public meeting that is open to others coming - the flame will display the full address and times of your meetings.
- If your group is open to others inquiring about joining you –the flame will display the local area and the group coordinator's email address so locals can contact you.
- If your group is a private group the flame will display the local area and the group coordinator's email address is displayed so other local leaders can invite you into regional collaboration.
Pray for the Nations
PIPES helps connect people to partner in prayer & evangelism
- in their neighbourhoods. Since 2012 we’ve supported Ffald-y-Brenin type local house of prayer. See information and Ffald-y-Brenin Resources supplied in Australia.
- in their regions - municipalities, cities. We encourage interchurch collaboration and regional house of prayer.
As an example: In 2016 we initiated Pray for Melbourne (Victoria, Australia). If you pray for Melbourne, you may like to use this tool - the 31 Local City Prayer Plan – so we pray together each day for our municipal cities. If you are from Melbourne check out which day we pray for your region! Enter the 31 Local City Prayer Plan into your calendar.
- in their nation. Each day in 40 Days 2018 we will pray for our local areas and the Australian towns that the XXI Commonwealth Games Queen's Baton passes through in the lead up to Gold Coast 2018 -4-15 April.
- for the nations. The 40 Days 2018 is a call to Pray for the Nations – for harvest workers so the gospel is quickly carried to the unreached people around us and unreached people groups globally. We sense an urgency to do this. Matthew 24:14 “And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.”
This simple online House of Prayer for All Nations - www.PrayfortheNations.com- will connect people to pray for the nations - including their neighbourhood, region or nation. One Prayer Calendar and Global Map globally! This is an Australian call that will invite you to include the nations in your prayer. This website www.PrayfortheNations.com will enable people to register neighbourhood, regional and national prayer groups and so it will incorporate Pray for Melbourne and Pray for Australia. It will also enable people in other nations to register their neighbourhood, regional and national prayer groups and enable us to connect with people in other nations that we are praying for.
Jesus calls us to pray for the nations:
Mark 11:17 “And as he taught them, he said, “Is it not written: ‘My house will be called a house of prayer for all nations’?”
Matthew 28:18-20 “Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”
Matthew 24:14 “And this gospel of the kingdom will be proclaimed throughout the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.”
Together we are Jesus’ House of Prayer for All Nations
Current Calls to Pray for the Nations:
- Through 2017 and early 2018 there is an international call to Pray for the Commonwealth Games - at the Gold Coast 4-15 April 218. Join a weekly prayer group for the the 70 Nations who are coming to Australia -the nations the Queen's Baton is passing through during 2017 and the Australian towns that the Queen's Baton will pas through during early 2018.
- Pray for harvest workers to bring salvation to the unreached people groups at the ends of the earth. Pray for those who carry the gospel and receive Jesus as their Lord in places of hardship and persecution. See List of Unreached People Groups to pray for and support. (Acts 13:47)
- Pray that Israel’s eyes will be opened to know their Messiah and anticipate His return. Join the Jewish Prayer Focus - 22 days 20 September – 11 October 2017.
- Pray for the First Nations people globally - and in your own region. May they arise with a knowledge of God that draws all men to Him. (Acts 17:26-27)
Why 24/7 Prayer?
Continuous prayer is a calling that requires us to depend on God and each other. It provokes us to unity and to pray in agreement. Day and night prayer is a source and expression of intimacy and dependency on God all through the Bible. Night and day worship is the focus of heaven and our delight. (Revelation 5:12-13)
1. 24/7 Prayer & Worship
Prayer is refreshed and sustained when it is saturated with worship – adoration and praise, intimate surrender, listening and communion with God – silent prayer, spoken prayer, create expression, praying in the Spirit, singing in the Spirit, and Bible reading. Worship saturated prayer builds fervency and our capacity to stay in prayer for extended periods. (The Davidic House of Prayer is a perfect example.) It is one fulfilment of the first commandment. Using the PIPES analogy, this type of prayer connects us with God as our source for inflow! The 40 Day Prayer Relay is an opportunity to taste the wonder of 24/7 prayer & worship.
2. 24/7 Prayer for Evangelism
Pray for unreached people around you and the unreached people groups at the end of the earth.
24/7 prayer promotes intimacy with God that convicts us of His love for our neighbours and His desire that none should perish. When we hear the heart of the Lord for eternally perishing people, our focus shifts to prayer for evangelism – prayer for harvest workers, salvations and disciples. We become compelled to arise in maturity as equipped disciple-making saints and share Jesus with those we know and the strangers we meet. This enables us to fulfil the second great commandment - loving our neighbours. We overflow God’s blessings to the people and regions around us – His kingdom come on earth as in heaven. (Luke 10:1-3a) Continuous Prayer Creates Canopies – atmosphere in which the Good News of Jesus is more easily shared and received. Dick Eastman has illustrated the powerful impact of 24/7 prayer on the effectiveness of evangelism.
How Can We Pray 24/7?
24/7 prayer is NOT about filling rosters. It’s simply each of us finding the call of God - our prayer rhythm and pattern, and letting this be our offering to Him. Some of us love the late nights. Some of us get called in the early mornings by the Lord. Some are free through the middle of the day. Come as you are to fulfill the part God call you to. Your continuing personal and group prayer times unite as 24/7 prayer in one House of Prayer for All Nations!
1. Neighbourhood Prayer Partners
Plan now how to meet and gather with other local Christians you can pray with. Find other locals on the Prayerhouse Map! Connect with local churches, life groups, house churches.
Pray for harvest workers in your neighbourhood/region. Pray for your neighbours to be open to receiving Jesus. Pray for Jesus’ kingdom to be manifest in your streets.
- Prayer-walk your neighbourhood to prayer for your neighbours.
- Local House of Prayer: you can gather neighbours to pray for your neighbourhood
- Local Church: Your church could contribute to 24/7 by hosting a regular time of prayer each month. Example: Stairway Church, Vermont, Victoria Australia: One Day - First Monday of the Month
2. Regional Prayer Relays
Local City Prayer Plan: Invite others to pray as one for different parts or aspects of your city or region. We set up reminders on our iphone calendars to pray for the same local municipal city each day of the month. See: Pray for Melbourne’s 31 Local City Prayer Plan.
Regional Collaboration: You can begin simply by inviting local churches to host a collaborative evening, day or weekend of prayer & worship & evangelism. e.g. once a month or every three months. This can be done as a day or a night, 2 hours, 12 hours, 24 hours…. Regional Collaboration can take the form of a prayer chain in which multiple churches and prayer groups host one or two hours - to maintain some days in continuous prayer for an issue during a particular regional crisis. e.g. legislation before Parliament, governmental elections. It could be a united gathering of sustained (12-24-48) hours of prayer & worship with prayer & worship teams from different churches leading two hour slots.
Regional Prayer Canopies: Churches/ groups can organise a regional prayer & worship relay to create 24/7 prayer canopies over their region for short periods e.g. a weekend, a week, month. You can trial this for a few days during the 40 Days or host a regional prayer relay for 40 Days, when you will have national support. Regional prayer relay can become ongoing: e.g. 31 local churches each hosting 24 hrs once a month can form a regional 24/7 prayer canopy!
The world has been inspired by this simple pattern which was initiated in Bellingham, Washington State, USA. Dr Jason Hubbard is the founder and leader of the Light of the World Prayer Center in Bellingham. See: Light of the World Prayer Center promo video. Across 15 years this has had profound impact on successful evangelism, church growth and measures of societal well-being.
3. 40 Day Prayer Relay
Plan now how you can contribute your part in the 40 Day Prayer Relay campaign from 14 Feb-25 March 2018. See 40 Day Prayer Relay.